Builds deep and strong relationships with others through sincerity and positive intentions.
Advantages when Connection is High:
- Ability to recognize what is important in every relationship
- Starts conversation with others with intentions for both to benefit
- Handles differences with tact & logic
- Possesses the ability to give and receive feedback with openness and care
- Listens to other’s intentions carefully
Risks when Connection is Overused:
- Strong need to stay in constant contact with others
- Focuses on getting along at the expense of nurturing a healthy relationship
- Goes to extremes to be tactful and polite, and may avoid difficult conversations
- Gets too drawn in with others and may be unable to stay objective
- Agrees with others easily without question
Risks when Connection is Low:
- Finds difficulty building rapport and being sociable
- Talks to others only when necessary and prefers to be alone or work alone
- Gives in to others or sacrifice excessively in order to remain on cordial terms
- Unable to persuade or get an opinion across with conviction
- Handles disagreements by pushing aside matters or dismissing them
- Take the opportunity to get to know people. Whether you like them or not, you can choose to learn something.
- Be authentic about yourself and your experiences as it gives people the chance to connect more deeply with you.
- Frequently sharing certain vulnerabilities makes people feel safe with you.
- Be interested in finding out more about others and saying less about yourself.
- Set a target to attend more networking events regularly.