Shows self-awareness of thoughts, feelings and reactions, and make efforts to improve self
Advantages when Consciousness is High:
- Understands your own experiences with reason and feelings
- Tends to reflect on past experiences so as to improve decisions
- Compares present experiences with other ones for insights
- Sees the consequences of one’s own actions
- Stays alert to changes in one’s own mood and emotional state
Risks when Consciousness is Overused:
- Wastes time in constant deliberation or unnecessary considerations
- Excessively interprets emotional state and draws unnecessary conclusions
- Theorizes what is good or bad but delays action to correct it
- Spends too much time thinking of past experiences
- Unble to move forward and may worry a lot
Risks when Consciousness is Low:
- Surprised by events or others’ reactions
- Puzzled or confused and unable to explain one’s own feelings
- Unable to learn from past experiences and may repeat the same mistakes
- Cannot see or understand why things turn out the way they do
- Unpredictable reactions in new situations
- Practice asking questions like, “What was good and/or bad about what happened”, “How was my reaction?”, “What would I have done differently?”
- Slow down and observe your thoughts, feelings, words and actions. Reflect on what you would carry on doing, changes you would make and what you would stop doing.
- Ask others for feedback and compare notes with what you think.
- Look for a role model and ask yourself what you like about their approach which is different from yours.